American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is an international medical school preparing students for careers as physicians in the United States, Canada, and worldwide. At AUC, our students study medicine in an inclusive and collaborative environment designed to graduate the team-oriented physicians so desperately needed in today’s healthcare system. Here, students collaborate instead of compete, and work together to boost everyone’s chances for success.
Apply Today >>
10 Reasons to Consider AUC
1. 84.4% first-time residency attainment rate for 2017 (PGY-1 eligible graduates). View our 2017 residency results.
2. A collaborative learning environment that features a multitude of student organizations, small class sizes, and a team-based learning culture
3. AUC’s medical education program and facilities are accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine through 2021
4. 93% first-time pass rate on Step 1 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination® for 2015, and 90% first-time pass rate for both USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) and USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS)
5. Students may be eligible for financial aid via the Federal Direct Loan Program, and will have an opportunity to work one-on-one with our student finance office to review their eligibility and discuss scholarship opportunities
6. Leadership and faculty from US and international medical schools
7. Clinical curriculum takes place in the United States and, optionally, in the United Kingdom; the latter gives students an inside look at a different healthcare system, ample one-on-one bedside teaching opportunities, and other unique benefits
8. Collegial, hands-on admissions team dedicated to guiding you through the application process
9. Technologically advanced campus featuring a fully equipped anatomy lab, simulation center, applied research laboratory, and other learning tools geared toward integrating classroom study with practical applications of medicine
10. Service learning opportunities and the chance to work with island citizens at community health events and other initiatives—acts that raise students' cultural awareness and prepare them to serve diverse patient populations
Apply Today >>
Explore our medical school more using the options below.