Call for Submissions
Conference attendees are invited to submit abstracts for Presentations, Posters, and Workshops. Please complete the form at the bottom of this page and upload your abstract.
Submission deadline: October 1, 2019 at 5:00pm ET
Abstract decisions: Decisions will be communicated in mid-November 2019
Abstract submissions related to the themes below are particularly encouraged. Submissions should align with one or more of these themes in the context of disaster preparedness, response, and education/training:
- Hurricane resiliency
- Mass casualty events
- Infectious disease
- Disaster-related education and curriculum
- Training for healthcare workers and first responders
In the form below, you will be asked to indicate a presentation type from the following list:
- General Session Presentation: A select number of submissions will be accepted for general session presentations of 30-45 minutes. These should be closely aligned with this year’s major track themes of Mass Casualty Events and/or Infectious Disease.
- Workshop: A select number of workshops will be selected for presentation at the conference. Conference workshops are maximum 1.5 hours in duration, and should be highly interactive and participative.
- Research Presentation: A select number of submissions will be accepted for research presentations detailing scientific study and findings/results. Each presenter is allocated 15 minutes for presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions.
- Short Oral Communication: A select number of short oral communications will be selected for a session of brief presentations on topics aligned with the conference themes. Each presenter is allocated 10 minutes for presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions.
- Poster: Posters are encouraged on all conference themes and will be displayed on the Friday and Saturday of the conference. There will be two scheduled poster sessions to allow presenters the opportunity to discuss their work with conference delegates. A full set of poster instructions will be provided upon acceptance of abstracts.
Each abstract submission must include the following components to be considered for acceptance:
- Abstract title
- Abstract authors and affiliations (up to 6 authors may be listed)
- Summary of work or concepts
- Summary of outcomes or results (if research-based)
- Discussion and conclusions
- Learning objectives
Please also note the following:
- ALL abstracts must include a list of 3-5 learning objectives.
- Your abstract’s background, summary, and discussion/conclusions sections should combine to not exceed 400 words.
- Please use the submission form to indicate which presentation types you are recommending for your material. You will be able to suggest a first and second preference.
- Please use the submission form to identify one or conference themes addressed by your abstract.
- All whose abstracts are accepted for inclusion in the conference will receive a formal letter of acceptance from the Conference Scientific Committee.
- We are unable to waive registration or provide funding for accommodations. However, we will be providing information on hotel discounts associated with the conference.
- Prior to the conference, the Conference Organizing Committee will work with each presenter to finalize their place in the program agenda (day, time, etc) and provide detailed guidelines for participation.
Abstract Submission Form
Required submission details to qualify for consideration