2019 AUC Regional Clinical Symposium
2019 US Midwest Conference
AUC is pleased to host its 2019 Regional Clinical Symposium on Saturday, May 11th at the Southfield, Michigan campus of Ascension Providence Hospital (APH), formerly known as Providence-Providence Park Hospital. All students, faculty, and alumni in the Detroit area are invited to attend.
- What: 2019 Midwest Regional Clinical Symposium
- Presented by: AUC, Ascension Providence Hospital, and Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital
- Theme: Physician wellness
- Where: Ascension Providence Hospital (APH) in Southfield, Michigan
- When: Saturday, May 11, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (food will be provided)
AUC strongly encourages all clinical students in the greater Detroit area to attend. This meeting is structured as a regional event, however, clinical students outside of Detroit are eligible to submit a presentation for consideration and possible inclusion in the program. Please note that AUC will not cover transportation costs for students traveling from outside of the area to present at or attend the conference.
AUC will work with hospital coordinators and site directors to try and adjust hospital duties and call schedules to allow for your participation.
Call for Student Abstracts -- EXTENDED!
This conference series has prominently featured student posters and presentations, and this year is no different. We look forward to receiving submissions from individuals and groups of students on topics related to physician wellness. The conference will also include panel discussions with APH faculty and AUC alumni on the challenges associated with physician wellness.
- Submission should be on a topic relevant to physician or medical student wellness.
- Submission should be in PowerPoint (or equivalent) format.
- Submissions may be by individuals or groups (preferred) of students. Inclusion of a faculty advisor is strongly encouraged.
- The presentation should be no more than 20 minutes in length.
- All presentations must be submitted to Dr. Robert Hecht, Associate Clinical Dean for the US, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM ET on Monday, April 8, 2019.
- Submissions will be judged based on quality and relevance to conference theme.