Call for Posters
Conference attendees are invited to submit abstracts for Posters. Please send all poster abstracts to [email protected].
Posters will be displayed on the Friday and Saturday of the conference. There will be two scheduled poster sessions to allow presenters the opportunity to discuss their work with conference delegates. A full set of poster instructions will be provided upon acceptance of abstracts.
Submission deadline: January 10, 2020 at 5:00pm ET
Abstract decisions: Decisions will be communicated no later than January 31, 2020.
Abstract submissions related to the themes below are particularly encouraged. Submissions should align with one or more of these themes in the context of disaster preparedness, response, and education/training:
- Hurricane resiliency
- Mass casualty events
- Infectious disease
- Disaster-related education and curriculum
- Training for healthcare workers and first responders
Each abstract submission must include the following components to be considered for acceptance. Please be sure to convey the purpose of your poster and what conference attendees are meant to learn from it.
- Title of the poster
- All author names and affiliations (up to 6 authors may be listed)
- Summary of work or concepts
- Summary of outcomes or results (if research-based)
- Discussion and conclusions
- Learning objectives (3-5 bullets stating what delegates should learn from your poster)
- Include the poster title and all authors in large font at the top of your poster.
- Use succinct headings to organize and logically display the your poster contents.
- Include a short and legible introduction and summary of conclusions. Other content areas may include a hypothesis or objective, methods, and results or outcomes.
- Graphics should be explicit and brief. Reserve the details for your oral presentation and remarks.
- Choose a typeface that is simple and clear and use a font size large enough to be legible at a distance of approximately 6 ft (e.g., 30-48 pt).
- Add emphasis through color. Consider these recommended color combinations (black on white; red on white; green on white; blue on white; white on blue; white on black).
Printing and Presentation
- Posters will be mounted to a 48” wide by 36” tall piece of foam board. We recommend printing posters to that size or an equal, smaller scale.
- Plan to print and travel to Sint Maarten with your poster. There are limited print vendors on the island and there is no onsite printer. If you are traveling internationally, we recommend traveling with your poster in a mailing tube.