Former US Surgeon General Dr. Richard Carmona Leads Multidisciplinary Program Focused on Disaster Preparedness and Response in Healthcare
The 2nd Annual CCDM International Conference on Disaster Medicine and Hurricane Resiliency will gather professionals and experts from around the world to share insights and expertise on preparing for and managing disasters, building disaster management capacity, and educating and training in the health professions. We are once again excited to collaborate on this event with Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and our regional partners in Sint Maarten and the Caribbean.
Reasons to Attend
Our inaugural conference held in March 2019 drew over 280 delegates representing 12 countries, including nine Caribbean islands. Please join us in March 2020 and take advantage of these opportunities:
- Network with other professionals in the field and across multiple disciplines and areas of interest.
- Learn about new research, tools, and approaches being deployed to address the needs of individuals, communities, and societies affected by disaster.
- Present your own perspectives and learnings through a presentation, workshop, or poster.
- Explore opportunities to partner with peer organizations and individuals on mutually critical areas of need.
- Earn continuing professional education credits.*
- Enjoy a beautiful, culturally vibrant, and family-friendly Caribbean destination.
Continuing Medical Education
This Live activity, International Conference on Disaster Medicine and Hurricane Resiliency, with a beginning date of 03/26/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 21.5 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The late registration rate is $550. Please see other discounted rates below.
|Attendee Type||Discount Price||promo code|
|Medical residents and fellows||$250||TRAINEE|
|Students (currently enrolled)||$150||EDUCATION|
Topics to be Covered
- Recent Disaster Experiences: Dorian, Irma, Maria, Harvey, Sandy, and more
- Education and Training: Medical Students, Nurses, First Responders, and more
- Preparing and Communicating with the General Public
- Mass Casualty Incidents
- Preparing for Infectious Disease Crises
- Plans, Drills, Exercises, and Other Preparation
- Deploying Disaster Teams
- Disaster Nursing
- Mental Health
- Animals and Disasters
- Children and Disasters
- Leadership in a Disaster
Call for Presenters
The call for oral presentations and workshops is closed.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers
Location and Venue
The conference will be held on the campus of American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, located on the beautiful Caribbean island of Sint Maarten.
This conference will take place during Sint Maarten's high tourist season. Please make your arrangements as soon as possible to secure a room. View hotel information