Budgeting Before, During and After Medical School
April 22, 2021 | 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EDT
Hosted by Jason DiLorenzo
Founder, Doctors Without Quarters (DWOQ)
90 minutes including Q&A
DWOQ provides medical students and graduates with unbiased and strategic advice about managing student loan debt and financial best practices. The salient questions to be addressed include:
- How much money will medical school cost?
- Where do my loans come from? What is the interest rate?
- When do I have to pay back my federal student loans?
- Can I refinance my loans to lower rates? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- What are Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) plans, and how do they work?
- What are the specific requirements of Public Service Loan Forgiveness?
- What legislative changes are on the horizon and how could they affect me?
- What should I know about managing and maintaining a good credit score?
- What is Disability insurance and why is it important for physicians?
- When and why might I consolidate my loans?
- What should I know about dealing with or selecting a loan servicer?
- What variables related to my student debt should I be considering when filing taxes?