Announcing AUC Safe, the Official Safety App of AUC
AUC Safe is a free mobile app that provides students with on-the-go access to safety tools and resources, including GPS location sharing and SMS alerts
AUC is excited to announce the arrival of a new safety app for students and colleagues at our Sint Maarten campus. AUC Safe is a free mobile app that provides students with on-the-go access to safety tools and resources, including GPS location sharing and SMS alerts.
We have been developing and testing the AUC Safe app for the past 4 months and we are now proud to share this valuable tool with you. The app comes with several useful features, including:
- Safety Notifications: Receive push notifications in the event of an emergency.
- Emergency Contacts: Call local police, medical, and fire authorities or contact on-campus services, including university security personnel and mental health support.
- Security Shuttle: Call or email our on-duty security supervisor to request our complementary security shuttle, which operates between 6:15 pm and 3:00 am.
- Personal Safety Toolbox: Turn your smartphone into a flashlight, send your GPS location to our security department, and let friends and family know that you are okay in the event of an emergency.
- Friend Walk: You can share your movement from point A to B with a friend or family, allowing them to see that you have arrived safely to your destination.
- Campus Safety Resources: Access university safety procedures and emergency preparedness plans.
- Emergency Plans: Find out what to do in an emergency situation (e.g., active shooter, fire, evacuation, bomb threat, or hurricane) and check local weather forecasts and tropical weather systems.
AUC Safe was designed by the Office of Safety and Security and AppArmor, an international company that develops custom mobile safety apps for academic institutions like the University of Florida, University of California-Los Angeles, and University of Nevada. AUC is piloting the app this semester and will be releasing new updates and features during the January 2019 semester.
AUC is deeply invested in your safety. By developing in this app, we hope to provide you with useful and accessible information that can add to your personal safety and emergency preparedness.
You can download the AUC Safe app to your smartphone now via the Google Play and Apple App stores:
If you have feedback or questions, we want to hear from you. Please contact Gerard Lake, Safety and Security Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.