Interested in presenting original clinical research at a conference or meeting? AUC can help offset the costs of registration and travel.
If your research is accepted to a professional meeting (regional, national, or international) and reviewed and approved by Dr. Joy Checa, Director of Student Affairs, you are eligible for reimbursement of up to $1,000 per student per conference. To submit an accepted presentation for stipend review, contact Dr. Checa at email@example.com. Approval must be given in advance of any reimbursable expenditures.
AUC’S NORTHEAST REGIONAL SYMPOSIUM
For the second consecutive year, AUC is proud to host a regional clinical symposium for third and fourth-year medical students and clinical faculty. Set in Rye Brook, New York on Saturday, May 12, this year’s meeting will focus on challenges and emerging innovations in global health.
AUC students at nearby clinical sites are encouraged to attend. Registration is free and AUC will provide transportation to and from clinical sites including Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, Nassau University Medical Center, and Danbury Hospital.
The symposium will feature student presentations as well as faculty panel discussions.
- Dr. Paul Nanda – Medical Director at Fast Track Urgent Care Center in Tampa, Florida and 2003 Graduate of AUC
- Dr. Eric Cioe Pena – Emergency Medicine Physician and Director of Global Health for the Department of Emergency Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital
- Dr. Tanya Rogo – Pediatrician at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
- Dr. Majid Sadigh – Trefz Family Endowed Chair in Global Health at the Western Connecticut Health Network and the Director of Global Health at the University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine
- Dr. Bulat Ziganshin – Assistant Director of Global Health for AUC students at Western Connecticut Health Network and Associate Research Scientist at the Department of Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine
Call for Student Presentations
AUC students are eligible to submit a presentation for consideration. Presentations should be no more than 20 minutes in length and relate to the symposium theme of global health. To be considered, submit your individual or small group presentation to Dr. Robert Hecht, Associate Clinical Dean for the United States, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm ET on Friday, March 23, 2018. Up to six presentations will be accepted.
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Doral Arrowwood Resort | 975 Anderson Hill Road | Rye Brook, NY
- 8:00 – 9:00 am: Breakfast and Registration
- 9:00 – 9:10 am: Welcome and Opening Remarks from Robert Hecht, MD
- 9:10 – 9:40 am: WCHN Global Health Elective Program, Bulgat Ziganshin, MD
- 9:40 – 10:10 am: Student Presentation #1
- 10:10 – 10:30 am: Break, Global Health Elective student reflections and photographs on display outside of the lecture hall
- 10:30 – 11:00 am: Student Presentation #2
- 11:00 – 11:30 am: Student Presentation #3
- 11:30 – 12:30 pm: Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Keynote Address, Majid Sadigh, MD
- 1:30 – 2:00 pm: Student Presentation #4
- 2:00 – 2:30 pm: Student Presentation #5
- 2:30 – 2:50 pm: Break, Global Health Elective student reflections and photographs on display outside of the lecture hall
- 2:50 – 3:20 pm: Student Presentation #6
- 3:20 – 4:30 pm: Faculty Panel Discussion: Ethical Dilemmas in Short Term Electives in Global Health.
Moderator: Majid Sadigh, MD
Panelists: Faculty from Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, Nassau University Medical Center, Danbury Hospital
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm: Closing Remarks, Presentation of Student Awards
- 5:00 – 7:30 pm: Evening Reception and Dinner
The symposium has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™.
The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 Category 1 College Cognate Credits. The College has a reciprocity agreement with the AMA that allows AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to be equivalent to College Cognate Credits.
UPCOMING CONFERENCE OPPORTUNITIES
- March 23-25, 2018 (Philadelphia, PA) - American Medical Women's Association's (AMWA) Annual Meeting. Abstracts are no longer being accepted. AMWA details here
- April 7-11, 2018 (San Diego, CA) - American Academy of Emergency Medicine's (AAEM) Annual Scientific Assembly. Abstracts are no longer being accepted.
- FEATURED | April 9-11, 2018 (Atlanta, GA) - Beyond Flexner 2018 Conference. Abstracts are no longer being accepted.
- April 19-21, 2018 (New Orleans, LA) - American College of Physicians' (ACP) Internal Medicine Meeting. Abstracts are no longer being accepted. ACP details here
- FEATURED | May 4-6, 2018 (Washington, DC) - VCU Institute for Women’s Health Annual Women's Health Congress. AUC will be offering a limited number of complementary student registrations. Students interested in attending should contact Dr. Kimberly Kirkland, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, at email@example.com. Complementary registrations will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- May 5-9, 2018 (New York, NY) - American Psychiatric Association's (APA) Annual Meeting. Abstracts are no longer being accepted. APA details here
- June 1-5, 2018 (Chicago, IL) - American Society of Clinical Oncology's (ASCO) Annual Meeting. Abstracts are no longer being accepted. ASCO details here
- August 2-4, 2018 (Kansas City, MO) - American Academy of Family Physicians' (AAFP) National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students. The deadline to submit a poster is April 1, 2018. AAFP details here
- September 21-13, 2018 (Toronto, ON) - Federation of Medical Women in Canada's Annual Conference. Abstract deadlines have not yet been posted. More details here
- October 3-7, 2018 (San Francisco, CA) - Infectious Diseases Society of America's (IDSA) IDWeek. The deadline to submit an abstract is May 1, 2018. IDSA details here
- October 13-17, 2018 (San Francisco, CA) - American Society of Anesthesiologists' (ASA) Annual Meeting. The deadline to submit an abstract is April 2, 2018. ASA details here
- October 21-25, 2018 (Boston, MA) - American College of Surgeons' (ACS) Clinical Congress. Abstracts are no longer being accepted.
- November 2-6, 2018 (Orlando, FL) - American Academy of Pediatrics' (AAP) National Conference and Exhibition. The deadline to submit an abstract is April 13, 2018. AAP details here