FIRST GENERATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL
This $10,000 scholarship is awarded to students who are striving to be first-generation physicians within their immediate families (includes spouse/partner, sibling, child by blood, adoption or marriage, grandparent and grandchild).
$10,000 toward tuition – renewable up through semester 5 of medical sciences (up to a maximum of $50,000)
APPLICATION DEADLINES & AWARD DATES
January 2021 Application Deadline: 11:59 PM Eastern Time 12/18/2020
January 2021 Final Award Date: 12/28/2020
- Incoming first-semester students and transfer students are eligible for this scholarship
- For continued eligibility: Satisfactory academic progress
- Hold an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s level)
- Complete the award application
- Personal essay (minimum of 500 words): How will the experience of being a first-generation physician within your immediate family impact the patients and communities you will ultimately serve? In addition, please share the educational and employment background of your immediate family.
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to AUC for this scholarship to be awarded.
- If a transfer student is accepted, granted advanced standing, and scholarship-eligible, that student’s maximum award amount is dependent on his/her semester of placement.
The required documentation can be provided via email at email@example.com or mailed directly to AUC (with attention to the Scholarship Committee) at this address:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
880 SW 145th Avenue, Suite 202
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
Note: Though AUC's Scholarship Committee will review award applications as they are received, this scholarship will only be officially awarded to applicants who hold an offer of admission to AUC.
AUC's Scholarship Committee reviews applications and awards scholarships on a weekly basis. If you have questions or further documentation to submit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.