First Generation MD Award
This $10,000 scholarship is awarded to students who are striving to be first-generation physicians within their immediate families (includes spouse/partner, sibling, child by blood, adoption or marriage, grandparent and grandchild).
AUC's Scholarship Committee reviews applications and awards scholarships on a weekly basis. If you have questions or further documentation to submit, please email [email protected].
$10,000 toward tuition – renewable up through semester 5 of medical sciences (up to a maximum of $50,000)
Application Deadlines & Award Dates
January 2020 Application Deadline: 11:59PM Eastern Time 12/20/2019
January 2020 Final Award Date: 12/27/2019
- Incoming first-semester students and transfer students are eligible for this scholarship
- For continued eligibility: Satisfactory academic progress
- Hold an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s level)
- Complete the award application
- Personal essay (minimum of 500 words): How will the experience of being a first generation physician within your immediate family impact the patients and communities you will ultimately serve? In addition, please share the educational and employment background of your immediate family.
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to AUC for this scholarship to be awarded.
- If a transfer student is accepted, granted advanced standing, and scholarship-eligible, that student’s maximum award amount is dependent on his/her semester of placement.
Required documentation can be provided via email at [email protected] or mailed directly to AUC (with attention to the Scholarship Committee) at this address:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
880 SW 145th Avenue, Suite 202
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
Note: Though AUC's Scholarship Committee will review award applications as they are received, this scholarship will only be officially awarded to applicants who hold an offer of admission to AUC.