FIRST GENERATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL
This $50,000 scholarship is awarded to students who are striving to be first-generation physicians within their immediate families (includes spouse/partner, sibling, child by blood, adoption or marriage, grandparent, and grandchild).
- Incoming first-semester students and transfer students are eligible for this scholarship
- Hold an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s level)
- Complete the award application
- Personal essay (minimum of 500 words): How will the experience of being a first-generation physician within your immediate family impact the patients and communities you will ultimately serve? In addition, please share the educational and employment background of your immediate family.
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to AUC for this scholarship to be awarded.
- If a transfer student is accepted, granted advanced standing, and scholarship-eligible, that student’s maximum award amount is dependent on his/her semester of placement, and the lifetime maximum award will be prorated.
- $5,000 will be awarded for each semester of enrollment of the MD program, during the first ten (10) semesters of enrollment where tuition charges are applied in the semester, with a maximum lifetime value of $50,000.
- In the event the total tuition assessed is less than the scheduled semester award amount of all eligible scholarships, the total semester award is prorated to match the total tuition assessed for the term. This does not impact the lifetime maximum of the scholarship, any remaining amount from the award would be carried forward until the lifetime maximum is met.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & AWARD DATES
August 2022 Application Deadline: 11:59 PM Eastern Time 8/12/22
August 2022 Final Award Date: 8/19/22
The required documentation can be provided via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to AUC (with attention to the Scholarship Committee) at this address:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
1600 SW 80th Terrace
Plantation, Florida 33324 USA
Note: Though AUC's Scholarship Committee will review award applications as they are received, this scholarship will only be officially awarded to applicants who hold an offer of admission to AUC.