At AUC, we realize that each of our students is unique. Everyone has their own personal story that motivates them and their own path to achieving their dream. We appreciate that—because our students aren’t numbers. To us, they are future physicians, and we’re here for them.
The mission of American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is to train tomorrow’s physicians, whose service to their communities and their patients is enhanced by international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. As you go through the admissions process we know you may have a lot of questions, and who better to answer them than AUC students and admissions staff?
AUC's Admissions Committee considers many factors when reviewing an applicant for consideration. In this webinar, we will discuss qualifying for medical school components such as undergraduate performance and standardized test scores, as well as intellectual and social maturity, critical judgment, adaptability, volunteer work, life experiences, and graduate school performance (if applicable).
What can you offer medical schools, besides the numbers? Is a high GPA and solid MCAT score enough? This is where your personal statement comes in. It turns you into a three-dimensional person and helps you stand out from a crowded field of applicants. Writing the personal statement—and even just brainstorming a topic—can be a struggle for many. In this webinar, Moon Prep counselors highlight everything you need to know about writing the personal statement.
MEDICAL SCHOOL ADMISSION INFORMATION
- Spouse’s Organization
- Going Global! Explore our Global Health Elective Opportunity in 5 Different Countries
- Research Opportunities at AUC
- Why Choose AUC for My MD? Our Graduates Answer.
- Our MCAT Philosophy (feat. special guest Molly Kallins, AUC student and student-member of AUC's Admissions Committee)
- Q&A with AUC's Admissions Committee
- Shattering Myths about the Caribbean Medical School Experience
- Why Service Learning Is Important to AUC (and You)
- Improving Your Medical School Application and Resume
- Being Financially Prepared for Medical School
- You Ask, We Answer: What You Want to Know about AUC (Q&A Webinar)
- More Questions, More Answers! Our Second Q&A Webinar
- Going Global: International Clinical Experiences Through AUC
ALUMNI SUCCESS & RESIDENCY OUTCOMES
- AUC 40th Anniversary Webinar (featuring grads from the last four decades)
- Game-Changing AUC Graduates: 5 Success Stories
- How Do AUC Graduates Fare in the Residency Match?
- An In-Depth Look at AUC's Residency Results
- Understanding the Residency Match Process
- Specialty Series: Emergency Medicine
- Specialty Series: Family Medicine
- Specialty Series: Internal Medicine
- Specialty Series: OB/GYN
- Specialty Series: Pediatrics
- Specialty Series: Psychiatry
- Specialty Series: Surgery
AUC STUDENT GROUPS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Student Q&A: AUC's American Medical Student Association (AMSA) *NEW*
- Student Q&A: AUC's Black Medical Students Association (BMSA)
- Student Q&A: AUC's South Asian Medical Student Association
- Canada: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- California: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Nevada: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Virginia: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Louisiana: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Florida: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Maryland: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Michigan: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Texas: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Georgia: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories
- Lebanon: Residency Outcomes and Alumni Stories