THRIVE will send out a gratitude reminder each morning with a theme for the day.
Participants will be asked to share their gratitude via social media posts
- The team with the highest average step count per member and the single individual (whether participating in a team or not) with the total highest step count will each be awarded a $200 donation to one of the following nonprofit organizations they choose:
- Create a team with others from your semester, clinical site, department, family/friends, or any other group and email the team list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the ChallengeRunner App to your smart device via the Android or Apple Store and link to your fitness tracker
- Register individually at ChallengeRunner via this link and challenge code: 3c361k-326n
- Alternatively, email your daily step count to email@example.com
- Team and individual rankings will be posted daily
Throughout the week, there will be a student wellness breakfast or activity at all of AUC’s major clinical site for our clinical students. Check your AUC email during the week for more details.
Please check your email for updates on THRIVE events planned throughout the week for AUC’s UK Track students and faculty.
Tuesday, June 8
12:30 pm ET
Hosted by AUC Wellness Counseling Staff
6:00 pm ET
Hosted by Dr. Soubhi Alhayek, AUC Alumnus, and Mr. Jon Oliver, Director of Financial Aid
Check your AUC email for the Zoom link
Wednesday, June 9
11:30 am ET
AUC Community Virtual Event: Tales & Truths – Understanding Harm Reduction in Alcohol Use, Sexual Assault, and STIs
Sponsored by AUC Student Affairs with guest speaker, Dr. Dipali Rinker, Associate Professor of ICM, and panel discussion with Dr. Sherra’ Watkins, Director of Wellness Counseling; Dr. Gerry van Osch, Director of the SXM AIDS Foundation; and AUC Students, Donya Ahmadian and Loveleen Jhaj
Thursday, June 10
1:00 pm ET
Join psychologist Dr. Stem for an interactive discussion on ways to manage stress in our daily lives
Check your AUC Email for the Zoom Link
6:45 pm ET
Saturday, June 12 (Bonus Event!)
6:30 am ET
Juneteenth – also known as Freedom Day, Jubilee Day, Liberation Day, and Emancipation Day – is a holiday celebrating the emancipation of those who had been enslaved in the United States.
Register in advance for this virtual or in-person 5K event here