Residencies & Placement Rates
Preparing our students to attain a residency placement is one of AUC’s highest priorities. Each year, AUC graduates apply for and obtain residencies in a variety of hospital programs throughout the United States and Canada.
Fast Residency Facts
- AUC celebrated a record number of residency placements in 2018, with nearly 300 AUC graduates matching into positions in 38 states and 24 specialties. View AUC's 2018 residency list and interactive map to find out where our graduates attained residencies this year.
- Last year, in 2017, more than 270 AUC graduates attained residencies in programs across the United States.
- In general, graduates earn placements in specialties like neurology, surgery, and anesthesiology; placements in very competitive programs, such as ophthalmology; and primary care disciplines, like internal medicine and pediatrics.
- AUC's first-time residency attainment rate for 2017 was 84.4%.
- Graduates named Chief Resident for 2018-19
Read AUC's 2017 Residency Report
Our 2017 Residency Report takes a deep dive into this year's residency data, using infographics, charts, and detailed explanations to show how our graduates performed in the 2017 Match. Download AUC's full 2017 residency report here.