TRANSFERRING MEDICAL SCHOOLS - THE TRANSFER PROCESS
Transferring medical schools is a big decision. While there are a number of reasons someone might want to transfer, you’ll want to ensure the medical school you transfer to is accredited, has a respected curriculum, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, high pass rates for the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) exams, and competitive residency attainment rates.
Since AUC is a medical school that accepts transfer students, our admissions ambassadors can help you decide if a transfer may be the right decision for your educational needs. Our experienced staff can go over AUC transfer requirements and help guide you through the process. Our medical school’s admissions ambassadors are also equipped to answer many questions related to transferring from another MD program.
AUC considers students on a case by case basis. Eligible applicants must have attended another accredited medical school program, provide official transcripts from their current and previous schools, provide 2 letters of recommendation, and provide a personal essay. While we do our best to accept applicable transfer credits for our transfer students, individual course credits are not guaranteed to transfer.
FOUNDATIONS OF MEDICINE
Students that are already enrolled in the preclinical portion of an accredited doctor of medicine (MD) degree program at another medical school, who wish to transfer to AUC School of Medicine, may be considered for admission by completing the form above and submitting all required documentation.
If accepted, a student’s official transcripts are reviewed by the Associate Dean of Academics and Registrar to determine if advanced standing can be awarded. Transfer students considered for admission past the first semester will be determined by the review of the transcripts, courses already taken, and the quality of program they attended.
To transfer into AUC’s doctor of medicine degree program, you’ll need to meet all general requirements for admission.
- Official transcripts sent directly from the Office of the Registrar at universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation from your medical school professors.
- Letter from the medical school dean (or registrar) regarding your student status and academic standing.
- Updated resume with your education history in month/year format.
- Personal Statement (no longer than 750 words)
- Transfer Statement (250-500 words) describing your current student status at the previous medical school and the reason you would like to transfer to AUC.
- Official MCAT scores from AAMC.
- Official USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 score report, if applicable (can only be physically mailed from the USMLE office to: 880 SW 145th Ave. STE 202 Pembroke Pines, FL 33027)