COMMUNITY OUTREACH AWARD
This scholarship has a lifetime value of up to $30,000. It is awarded to students who have shown exceptional dedication to their communities, hospitals, or charities. A $10,000 scholarship award is applied towards tuition costs for a maximum of 3 consecutive semesters.
AUC's Scholarship Committee reviews applications and awards scholarships on a weekly basis. If you have questions or further documentation to submit, please email email@example.com.
- Incoming first-semester students and transfer students are eligible for this scholarship
- Hold an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s level)
- Complete the award application
- Personal statement, not to exceed 500 words, describing your participation in outreach activities, including communities, hospitals, charities, etc. The statement should describe why these activities are important to you and provide an in-depth description of one activity.
- Letter of recommendation from a community partner or leader who can attest to your commitment and involvement in community outreach activities
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to AUC for the scholarship to be awarded
- $10,000 will be awarded for each semester of enrollment of AUC’s MD program, across three (3) semesters of enrollment, where tuition charges are applied in the semester, with a maximum lifetime value of $30,000.
- In the event the total tuition assessed is less than the scheduled semester award amount of all eligible scholarships, the total semester award is prorated to match the total tuition assessed for the term. This does not impact the lifetime maximum of the scholarship, any remaining amount from the award would be carried forward until the lifetime maximum is met.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & AWARD DATES
August 2022 Application Deadline: 11:59 PM Eastern Time 8/12/2022
August 2022 Final Award Date: 8/19/2022
Required documentation can be provided via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to AUC (with attention to the Scholarship Committee) at this address:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
1600 SW 80th Terrace
Plantation, Florida 33324 USA
Note: Though AUC's Scholarship Committee will review award applications as they are received, this scholarship will only be officially awarded to applicants who hold an offer of admission to AUC.