Community Outreach Award
This $10,000 scholarship (renewable for two additional semesters) is awarded to students who have shown exceptional dedication to their communities, hospitals, or charities.
AUC's Scholarship Committee reviews applications and awards scholarships on a weekly basis. If you have questions or further documentation to submit, please email [email protected].
$10,000 toward tuition – renewable up through semester 3 of medical sciences (up to a maximum of $30,000)
Application Deadlines & Award Dates
January 2020 Application Deadline: 11:59PM Eastern Time 12/20/2019
January 2020 Final Award Date: 12/27/2019
- Incoming first-semester students and transfer students are eligible for this scholarship
- For continued eligibility: Satisfactory academic progress
- Hold an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s level)
- Complete the award application
- Personal statement, not to exceed 500 words, describing your participation in outreach activities, including communities, hospitals, charities, etc. The statement should describe why these activities are important to you and provide in-depth description of one activity.
- Letter of recommendation from a community partner or leader who can attest to your commitment and involvement in community outreach activities
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to AUC for the scholarship to be awarded
- If a transfer student is accepted, granted advanced standing, and scholarship-eligible, that student’s maximum award amount is dependent on his/her semester of placement.
Required documentation can be provided via email at [email protected] or mailed directly to AUC (with attention to the Scholarship Committee) at this address:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
880 SW 145th Avenue, Suite 202
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
Note: Though AUC's Scholarship Committee will review award applications as they are received, this scholarship will only be officially awarded to applicants who hold an offer of admission to AUC.