Living on St. Maarten
Explore our on-campus and off-campus housing.
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine takes great pride in assisting students in finding housing that is safe, comfortable, and conducive to study.
On-Campus Student Housing
First-semester students have the opportunity to live in on-campus apartments adjacent to campus. This facility features beautifully furnished one- and two-bedroom units. Housing assignments are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. A $1,650 security deposit is required to reserve housing. The per person rental fee is:
- Single bedroom; single occupancy (total occupants: 1): $5,400/semester
- Double bedroom; single occupancy (total occupants: 2): $4,600/semester
Housing highlights include:
- Furnished apartments (dining room table/chairs, sofa, bed, desk/chair)
- Spacious, fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, stove, and microwave
- Bathroom for each bedroom
- Wired for telephone, wireless internet, and cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Dining and living area
- Many have balconies with breathtaking ocean views
- All have magnificent views; open to trade winds
- Recreational amenities, including a fully equipped gym
- Walking distance to the beach
- Breezeways and shaded exterior areas
Please note the following:
- Married students and students with children are advised to seek off-campus housing.
- Pets are not permitted in AUC student apartments.
Off-Campus Student Housing
AUC students have the opportunity to live on and off-campus. AUC's Department of Housing maintains a database of off-campus housing options from which you can search based on criteria such as housing time, amenities, and price levels. Additionally, the Roommate Finder feature provides you with the ability to search for potential roommates among your fellow students.
To begin browsing the online database, finding roommates, contacting landlords, and initiating the lease process, please click here.
Please note that AUC does not serve as a rental agent for students and is not responsible for the contract terms between landowner and tenant.
AUC students live in a variety of towns near the AUC campus. Popular areas for students include:
- Beacon Hill
- Cupecoy Beach
- Pelican Key
- Point Pirouette
- Simpson Bay
The monthly cost for off-campus rental will depend on such things as quality, location, pet fees, and whether or not utilities are included. Some additional thoughts to consider when selecting off-campus housing:
- Choose an apartment that is exposed to the trade winds so that you reduce the need for air conditioning
- Inquire about utility costs with previous tenants and the landlord before signing a lease
Housing Coordinator: Melissa Grinuva
Office Hours: Monday—Friday, 8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.
Phone: 721-545-2298 ext 4041-250